Use Monastery in a sentence. How to use the word Monastery in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Monastery. Sentence for Monastery.
Examples of Monastery in a sentence
- Later he founded another monastery on Kalonymos Island.
- These include a 13th century Franciscan monastery, now used as a museum; a late 13th century castle; a 14th century church; and the 16th century town hall.
- The result of the investigation was, that the teaching of Buddha did not permit such proceedings, and that the monastery must be expelled from the community of the faithful.
- So Couvansky, accompanied by his son, set out on the appointed day from Moscow to proceed to the monastery.
- Order was now soon fully restored in Moscow, rendering it safe for Sophia and her court to leave the monastery and return to the royal palace in the town.
- In the mean time Peter had fled to the Monastery of the Trinity, the common refuge of the family in all cases of desperate danger.
- Peter, from his retreat in the monastery, sent a message to Sophia, charging her with having sent Thekelavitaw and his band to take his life.
- The leading nobles of the country began to flock to the monastery to declare their adhesion to Peter, and their determination to sustain and protect him.
- If the princess were to go on, she would not be received at the monastery, the messenger said, but would find the gates closed against her.
- The soldiers immediately took him and some other persons who were surrendered with him, and, securing them safely with irons, they conveyed them rapidly to the monastery.
- Thekelavitaw was brought to trial in the great hall of the monastery, where a court, consisting of the leading nobles, was organized to hear his cause.
- His Christian name was Alexander, and his father was a laboring man in the service of a monastery on the banks of the Volga.