Use Manga in a sentence. How to use the word Manga in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Manga. Sentence for Manga.
Examples of Manga in a sentence
- As a manga anthology, the bulk of Shojo Beat’s content was its manga chapters.
- Launched in June 2005 as a sister magazine for Shonen Jump, it featured serialized chapters from six manga series, as well as articles on Japanese culture, manga, anime, fashion and beauty.
- Marketed as a sister publication of Viz’s existing Shonen Jump, the magazine started with six manga titles: Crimson Hero, Kaze Hikaru, Baby & Me, Godchild, Nana, and Absolute Boyfriend.
- Though this mirrors the format of Japanese manga anthologies, it was a first for manga anthologies published in North America.
- It was well received by critics, who praised its mix of manga series and the inclusion of articles on Japanese culture, though some critics found the early issues boring and poorly written.
- After its initial launch, Shojo Beat underwent two redesigns, becoming the first English anthology to use the cyan and magenta ink tones common to Japanese manga anthologies.
- Industry experts felt its loss would leave female comic fans without a magazine of their own, but praised Viz for its choice to continue using the “Shojo Beat” imprint and branding for its shōjo manga and anime releases.
- Viz launched a related imprint of the same name for female-oriented manga, light novels and anime.
- With the magazine’s first anniversary issue, dated July 2006, Shojo Beat switched to using cyan and magenta ink tones for the manga pages rather than black-and-white.
- Additional features included a letter from the editor, manga related news, a preview chapter from another Viz manga title being published under the “Shojo Beat” imprint, and articles on Japanese culture, current trends in Japan, and fashion and beauty.
- Sections toward the back of the magazine featured fan-related material, including fan art, letters from readers, manga drawing lessons, and cosplay how-to guides and highlights.