Use Joyous in a sentence. How to use the word Joyous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Joyous. Sentence for Joyous.
Examples of Joyous in a sentence
- We like to see them playful and joyous while they are boys.
- Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days?
- What aileth thee now that thou art wholly gone up to the house-tops, thou that art full of stirs, a tumultuous city, a joyous city?
- Now and then a redbird, flying low, darted across the road, and far off in the trees there was the sound of a joyous chorus.
- A look of joyous recognition swept over his face.
- She went and came, in the midst of this gay and joyous procession, little imagining into what a restless and unsatisfying life all this pageantry and splendor were ushering her.
- The scenes of these festivities were in many cases made unusually joyous and gay by bon-fires and illuminations.
- It was a joyous change to him, though it was produced by sufferings and sorrows; for it was the very pressure of outward calamity that made his wife his friend again, and restored his domestic peace.
- A person of a joyous and happy disposition often brightens up at once any little circle into which he enters, while a morose and melancholy man carries gloom with him wherever he goes.
- Again the Youngish Girl’s laughter rang out in light, joyous, utterly superficial appreciation.
- As though from a head tilted suddenly backward the White Linen Nurse’s laugh rang out in joyous abandon.
- Across the astonishing gravity of her tone a most joyous laugh broke suddenly.
- Her heart began to quicken with the joyous sort of fear that is one of the prime sweets of youth.
- It was the same, same face whose brighter, keener, shinier pastelled likeness had been the only joyous object in Sagner’s homesick German room.