Use Jonquils in a sentence. How to use the word Jonquils in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Jonquils. Sentence for Jonquils.
Definition of Jonquils
- A type of narcissus related to the daffodil, having fragrant white or yellow flowers.
Examples of Jonquils in a sentence
- Gleaming like a great bunch of storm-drenched jonquils, the six adventurers loomed up cheerfully in the rain-light.
- She divided the jonquils into bunches and planted them under the vines, and behind the jonquils, the ferns.
- The fields and gardens not far from the site of the explosion now shine with jonquils, azaleas and tulips.
- These cheerful yellow and white heralds of spring, also known as daffodils and jonquils, are actually slightly toxic if the bulbs are eaten in large quantities (Narcissus pseudonarcissus shown).
- Jonquils in late winter in the botanical gardens of Mt Tomah.
- “And yours–” he laughed, “looks like a bunch of short-stemmed jonquils!”
- And will there be jonquils?