Use Good Friday in a sentence. How to use the word Good Friday in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Good Friday. Sentence for Good Friday.
Examples of Good Friday in a sentence
- As Good Friday is a day of mourning, it is the only day when Holy Communion is not held in most churches.
- Good Friday is held in remembrance of the crucifixion of Jesus.
- The first Good Friday was the day on which Christ was taken before Pontius Pilate and crucified, and so Christians set aside a special Friday about that time each year to remember the death of Christ.
- In the early church baptisms took place on Easter Eve, the Saturday before Easter Sunday, and grown-up people who were to be baptized fasted (ate nothing) on Good Friday.
- “You couldn’t wish one ‘A Merry Aunt Minna’ any more than you could wish ’em a ‘Merry Good Friday‘!”
- The Good Friday liturgy has three parts: the Liturgy of the Word, the Veneration of the Cross, and the Service of Communion.
- Several Mid-South businesses are announcing closures on Good Friday, April 2, ahead of the Easter Sunday holiday.
- That’s why, as a kid, I was so moved when I attended the Good Friday services at our little Reformed Episcopal church.
- Good Friday is the day that Christ died on the cross for the redemption of the world.
- According to folklore, plants grow better and bear more fruit if planted on Good Friday.
- Join Dr. Tim Gray and Dr. Mark Giszczak on this Good Friday as they prayerfully discuss the Crucifixion and death of Jesus.
- Good Friday is observed to remember the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross on Good Friday so that we may have life.
- Good Friday is “good” because as terrible as that day was, it had to happen for us to receive the joy of Easter.