Use Godspeed in a sentence. How to use the word Godspeed in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Godspeed. Sentence for Godspeed.
Definition of godspeed
- An expression used to wish a person a successful journey or undertaking. It is short for God Speed you.
Examples of Godspeed in a sentence
- In Old English, godspeed was the word one said to bless someone embarking on a journey.
- Godspeed doesn’t have to be capitalized.
- I wish her Godspeed
- Godspeed is old English, and means ‘Wish you the best in your journey or effort’.
- As we wend our way through this mazy vale of life, let us bid each other Godspeed.
- If someone were departing you could wish them Godspeed.
- And even though the speed in Godspeed doesn’t mean “the rate at which something moves,” we also suspect that it feels right for a space vehicle that can travel around 17,000 miles per hour.
- For someone who just says “godspeed” without otherwise using archaic language, not so much.