Use Fungi in a sentence. How to use the word Fungi in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Fungi. Sentence for Fungi.
Examples of fungi in a sentence
- The phylum Basidiomycota, or club fungi, gets its name from its reproductive structure that looks like a club and is named as basidium.
- This group includes familiar mushrooms, toadstools, puffballs, and bracket fungi.
- Many different species of fungi are being cultivated for food.
- Sac fungi, also known as Ascomycetes, belong to the phylum Ascomycota.
- The examples in this group include brewers’ and bakers’ yeast, cup fungi and morels.
- There are about 160 species of single celled fungi commonly called yeasts.
- The common yeasts used for baking and brewing are members of the genus Saccharomyces. which means “sugar fungi“.
- ACTINOMYCETES, is the common name for an order of organisms that are transitional forms between true bacteria and mold fungi.
- They also inhibit the growth of other bacteria and fungi and thus serve as a source for most antibiotics.