How to use the word Female in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Female.
Definition of Female
- of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.
- a female person, animal, or plant.
Examples of Female in a sentence
- When looking at seed plants, the plants that only produce seed are called female, those that only produce pollen are called male.
- The all female band is a musical group made exclusively of female musicians.
- The female archesporium differs from the single cell beneath the epidermis of Nucellus.
- A person may be assigned female at birth but have a male gender identity.
- A male rabbit is called a buck, and a female is called a doe.
- She was the world’s third female prime minister.
- A male moose is called a bull, a female moose is called a cow, and a young moose is called a calf.
- Some people believe it is a bundle of nerves in the female human reproductive system.
- Pollination is part of sexual reproduction in plants. It describes how the pollen grains get to the female parts of a plant.
- The term grandparent is used for both male and female genders.
- A female bullfrog can lay up to 20,000 eggs.
- A woman is a female human adult.
- Female and young sparrowhawks have brown backs and wings, with thin brown stripes.
- Pregnancy is when a female mammal has an unborn baby inside her.
- Female pandas are ready to have a baby only once a year.
- Usually, the female bird builds the nest, and the male helps her.
- A ballerina is a name given to a female ballet dancer.
- Kiwis are monogamous; the male and female stay together until one of them dies.
- The female will choose where to build the nest.
- There are no size differences between male and female tiger.
- Oestradiol is a main female hormone.
- Dorothy is a female given name.
- She was the first female to be elected head of government in the world.
- A colony has a female reproductive ant, called a queen, who lays eggs.