How to use the word Erect in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Erect.
Examples of Erect in a sentence
1. The woman stands erect, feet apart, arms overhead, palms together.
2. In standing, the ideal posture is one in which the person stands tall and erect, the abdomen drawn in, the shoulders square and high, the chin straight back and held in, the weight properly distributed on the feet, and the curve of the back well within normal limitations.
3. In a correct sitting position, the body is erect and the head poised to bring the center of gravity in the line joining the bones of the hips.
4. You can see from the diagram that the image is erect and is the same size as the object.
5. From Figure 13, we see that the image created by a concave mirror is real and inverted, as compared to the virtual and erect image created by a plane mirror.
6. The striking, extremely rare Japanese Bantam is purely ornamental, with very short legs and a remarkably long and erect tall rising well above head height.
7. All would regard it as a senseless proceeding to erect a house without looking to its foundations.