Use Elder in a sentence. How to use the word Elder in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Elder. Sentence for Elder.
Examples of elder in a sentence
- The elder branches of the family.
- Imported from the Caribbean, the pepper elder bears white, cane-shaped blooms.
- He had an elder brother named Polydectes.
- At the age of 12 he entered Trinity College, Cambridge, with his elder brother, Anthony.
- My elder brother finished his homework very quickly.
- According to the poems of the Elder Edda and Snorri Sturluson’s Younger Edda, he was the first living creature and became the ancestor of the race of giants.
- If they had been of different ages, the younger could have yielded to the elder, in some degree, without wounding his pride.
- This proposal seemed to have the appearance, at least, of reasonableness and impartiality; and it would have been really very reasonable, if the right to the inheritance thus disposed of, had belonged equally to the younger and to the elder son.
- Teispes, the son of Achæmenes, had two sons; the elder was Cambyses (Kambujiya), the younger Ariamnes; the son of Cambyses was Cyrus (Kurus), the son of Cyrus was Cambyses II.
- In the Ramayana, Bharata, the younger brother, will not accept the throne in the place of his elder brother Rama, though commanded to do so by his father.
- Passing by the two elder sons of Josiah, the people raised to the throne the third son, Jehoahaz.
- Pliny the Elder once asked, “What is there that does not appear marvelous when it comes to our knowledge for the first time?”
- These were generally the younger sons of sovereigns or chieftains who lived upon the land, the elder brothers remaining at home to inherit the throne or the paternal inheritance.
- The elder Marius had married his aunt, and, besides, Caesar himself had married the daughter of Cinna, who had been the most efficient and powerful of Marius’s coadjutors and friends.