Use Drinking in a sentence. How to use the word Drinking in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Drinking.
Definition of Drinking
- take (a liquid) in the mouth and swallow.
- watch or listen to something with anxious pleasure or interest.
Examples of Drinking in a sentence
- Let sit at least six months before drinking.
- Phonny examined the water very attentively, to see whether Frink had been drinking any of it.
- Just as men sought courage in drinking, so does Indra drink courage from the sacrificial goblet.
- Any one who wilfully became intoxicated was to go on drinking boiling rice-water till his body was entirely consumed; then only was he free from his sin.
- Ready to quench his thirst after not drinking beer for so long, he staggered into a tavern.
- You are drinking cappuccino with a friend.
- Drinking is a safeguard, but large amounts of water can overwhelm the gastrointestinal tract, causing cramps, bloating, nausea.
- On a muggy afternoon you may find a long line of people in the drinking fountain waiting to quench your thirst.
- Manescu had the impression that the apparition behind the opaque glass wall was drinking absurdly from a container.
- After three hours of drinking and resting, highlighted by a few minutes of debate, we decided unanimously to leave immediately.
- Your doctor ordered you to refrain from drinking beer and wine.
- During a Ramadan fast, Muslims abstain from eating, drinking and having sexual activity from dawn to dusk.
- Babies born to women who did not abstain from drinking during pregnancy also tend to show abnormal sleep patterns after birth.
- This offence could also be expiated by drinking the boiling urine of a cow, or boiling liquid of cow-dung, till death ensued.
- The approved method of drinking absinthe was to put a small quantity in a tumbler and very slowly pour in a generous measure of iced water over a perforated silver strainer containing a lump of sugar.