Use Department in a sentence. How to use the word Department in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Department. Sentence for Department.
Examples of department in a sentence
- He retired from the department in 1966, but served briefly in 1968 as ambassador to the United Nations.
- From 1937 to 1939 he was a research assistant at the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute and from 1942 to 1945 was chief of the department of spectroscopy.
- Born in Geneseo, N. Y., on Nov. 9, 1874, Blakeslee was director of the department of genetics at the Carnegie Institution of Washington, D. C., and in later years founder and director of the genetics experiment station at Smith College.
- Following further studies in biochemistry, he held professorships at the University of Illinois (1930-1932), George Washington Medical School (1932-1938), and Cornell University Medical School, serving as biochemistry department chairman at the two latter schools.
- His researches there and at the marine laboratories in Woods Hole, Mass., on nerve conduction, muscle contraction, and the cause of the heartbeat led to his appointment as professor in the department of physiology at the University of Chicago, where he became department head.
- In 1935, Hastings became head of the department of biochemistry at the Harvard University School of Medicine and expanded his work to include the effect of ions and hormones on intermediary metabolism.
- He was apprenticed to a firm of brass founders and then became head of the casting department at the Elkington works in Birmingham.
- He cleared the Post Office Department of debt and corruption, and instituted reforms that remained in effect for many years.
- In 1920 he entered government service as assistant secretary of the department of scientific and industrial research, becoming its secretary in 1923.
- A Ventura County Sheriff’s Department official confirmed that Locklear’s alleged threats made against deputies prompted the search to discover and retrieve the firearm, which the detectives could not find.