Use Cylinder in a sentence. How to use the word Cylinder in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Cylinder. Sentence for Cylinder.
Examples of Cylinder in a sentence
- “What is a cylinder?” said Nathan.
- What is the shape of a cylinder?
- How might air be compressed by means of a cylinder and piston?
- Why, you remember what I said about the experiment with the iron cylinder and a piston to fit it.
- Why, if a man were to press the piston down hard, he could crowd the air all into the lower half of the cylinder.
- Weight (not pressure) is used to determine the amount of acetylene in a cylinder.
- In most cases, it is better to let a burning acetylene cylinder burn.
- The title was indicated by a label attached to the cylinder containing the book.
- All WRXs come with all-wheel-drive and a powerful horizontally opposed boxer 2.0L four-cylinder turbo engine.
- The peripheral speed of the cylinder was regulated so that it was high enough to remove the seed covering, but low enough so as not to crack or otherwise damage the grain.
- “Yes,” replied his father, “and the tumbler will answer only for a supposition; but for a real experiment it would be best to have a cylinder of iron.”
- An iron vessel, shaped like a tumbler, only as large at the bottom as it is at the top, would be a cylinder.
- “A piston,” said his father, “is a sort of stopper, exactly fitted to the inside of a cylinder, so as to slide up and down.
- That is, if the cylinder was full of air when he put the piston in, perhaps he could get the piston down half way to the bottom.
- The cylinder Rich informs us that Nebuchadnezzar restored a watercourse to the east of Babylon, of which the dams had fallen down, and the outlet was stopped up; that he dug a canal in honour of Merodach in the neighbourhood of Babylon.