Use Cuprous in a sentence. How to use the word Cuprous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Cuprous. Sentence for Cuprous.
Examples of cuprous in a sentence
- Aqueous cuprous chloride solutions react with base to give the same material.
- Some copper oxides are cuprous oxide (cuprite), which tends to form first and usually has reddish colors.
- Cuprous oxide is commonly used as a pigment, a fungicide, and an antifouling agent for marine paints.
- Since the cuprous ion is unstable in aqueous solution, its salts readily decompose to form the metal and cupric salts.
- Copper forms two oxides in accordance with its two valences: cuprous oxide, Cu2O, and cupric oxide, CuO.
- Cuprous oxide, a red crystalline material, can be produced by electrolytic or furnace methods.
- It is soluble in mineral acids to form colourless cuprous salts, most of which rapidly oxidize to the cupric state.
- Cupric oxide, a black powder, can be prepared by the ignition of suitable salts such as the carbonate, the hydroxide, or the nitrate of copper, or by heating of cuprous oxide.
- The hydrochloric acid solution of cuprous chloride readily absorbs carbon monoxide and acetylene and is used for this purpose in gas analysis.
- The volume ratio for cuprous oxide on copper is 1.7, so that an initially protective film is to be expected.