How to use the word Coronavirus in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Coronavirus.
Examples of Coronavirus in a sentence
1. A new coronavirus, designated 2019-nCoV, was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei province, China, after people developed pneumonia without a clear cause and for which existing vaccines or treatments were not effective.
2. The first confirmed death from the coronavirus infection occurred on January 9 and since then 132 deaths have been confirmed, with a case fatality rate of 2.2%.
3. Chinese scientists were able to isolate a strain of the new coronavirus quickly, with the genetic sequence being made available for laboratories across the world to independently develop PCR tests that can confirm infection in a person.
4. The seventh member of the coronavirus family to infect humans, 2019-nCoV’s genome sequence has been reported to be 75- to 80-percent identical to SARS-CoV, and more than 85-percent similar to several bat coronaviruses.
5. The immediate hypothesis was that this was a novel coronavirus from an animal source (a zoonosis).
6. Ten years after the onset of SARS, the dromedary-camel-related coronavirus, MERS, has resulted in more than 850 deaths in 27 countries.
7. An updated preprint paper published 23 January 2020 on bioRxiv from members of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Wuhan Jinyintan hospital, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Hubei Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention suggest that the 2019 novel coronavirus has possible bat origins, as their analysis shows that nCoV-2019 is 96% identical at the whole genome level to a bat coronavirus identified in 2013.
8. At least five genomes of the novel coronavirus have been isolated and reported.
9. These show that the virus is genetically distinct from other known coronaviruses such as Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
10. Timeline of the 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak and 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak by country and territory.
11. The new coronavirus has been reportedly able to transmit down a chain of up to four people so far.