Use Cordage in a sentence. How to use the word Cordage in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Cordage. Sentence for Cordage.
Examples of Cordage in a sentence
- The plant, originally from the Philippines, became important as a source of cordage fiber in the 19th century.
- It damaged the rigging, bringing down the rent sails and broken cordage to the deck, and thus stopped the vessel’s way.
- Each soldier was also to carry a rope, ropes and cordage being continually in demand among people living on horseback and in tents.
- The cables, as they passed along the decks of the vessels over the water, were secured to them all by strong cordage, so that each vessel was firmly and indissolubly bound to all the rest.
- The rising and roughening sea made the oars useless, and the wind howled frightfully through the cordage and the rigging.
- They saturated the sails and the cordage in the same manner, and laid trains of combustible materials through all parts of the vessel, so that when fire should be set in one part it would immediately spread every where, and set the whole mass in flames at once.
- In the same manner, when the supplies of flax and hempen twine for cordage for their bows failed, the beautiful sisters and mothers of the hostages cut off their long hair, and twisted and braided it into cords to be used as bow-strings for propelling the arrows which their husbands and brothers made.