Use Contraction in a sentence. How to use the word Contraction in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Contraction. Sentence for Contraction.
Examples of contraction in a sentence
- Footnote 3: The name was a contraction of Frederick.
- The word _mead_ is a contraction for meadow.
- But in the United States it is used to mean the carriage,–being a sort of contraction for _stage-coach_.
- “Fireworks” in one visual field are due to contraction of the ophthalmic artery; evanescent loss of half the field of vision in both eyes is caused by spasm of the opposite posterior cerebral artery; temporary hemiplegia (paralysis on one side) is the result of constriction of one middle cerebral artery.
- For his work he shared the 1922 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine with Otto Fritz Meyerhof, who also studied muscle contraction.
- He also made basic advances in determining the cause of diabetes, and he elucidated the relationship between nerve conduction and muscle contraction.
- In the first place, however, we ought to say, in order to illustrate the terms on which he and Buckingham lived together, that the king always called Buckingham _Steeny_, which was a contraction of Stephen.
- But, wonder of wonders! this Hercules, a moment since so strong and proud, now bows his head; his arms, riveted to the box, undergo a violent muscular contraction; his legs give way, and he falls on his knees with a yell of agony!
- I imagined, rather than saw, a humorous gleam in her eye, as I did so, and there was certainly a slight contraction of her mouth in length, as if to counteract an inclination of the muscles to move in the opposite direction.