Use Constitutional in a sentence. How to use the word Constitutional in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Constitutional. Sentence for Constitutional.
Definition of Constitutional
A constitutional system is a set of laws and principles that outline the powers and duties of a government, as well as the rights and freedoms of its citizens. It establishes the framework within which a government operates, and sets limits on the government’s authority to ensure that it does not infringe on the rights of citizens. It also defines the process for amending or changing the constitution. The United States has a written Constitution that was adopted in 1787 and has since been amended 27 times.
Examples of Constitutional in a sentence
- The constitutional rights of the citizens must be protected at all times.
- The proposed amendment to the constitution will be put to a vote.
- The government’s actions were in violation of the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech.
- The constitutional crisis that ensued resulted in the impeachment of the president.
- The constitutional monarchy in Britain is a unique political system.
- The constitutional convention was called to discuss potential changes to the government’s structure.
- The constitutional provision for a separation of powers is vital to the functioning of a democracy.
- The constitutional court ruled that the law was discriminatory and therefore invalid.
- The constitutional amendment was ratified by the necessary number of states.
- The constitutional law professor discussed the importance of checks and balances in government.
- The constitutional challenge to the law was heard by the Supreme Court.
- The constitutional requirement for a census every 10 years is intended to ensure an accurate representation of the population.
- The constitutional crisis was resolved when the parties reached a compromise.
- The constitutional debate over the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms continues to be a contentious issue.
- The constitutional protection for private property is a fundamental principle of capitalist societies.
- The constitutional rights of the accused must be upheld during a criminal trial.
- The constitutional monarchy in Japan is a symbol of the country’s history and tradition.
- The constitutional reforms proposed by the government were met with opposition from some quarters.
- The constitutional requirement for a presidential veto can be overridden by a two-thirds majority vote in Congress.
- The constitutional protection for freedom of religion is a fundamental right in many countries.