Use Calorie in a sentence. How to use the word Calorie in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Calorie. Sentence for Calorie.
Definition of Calorie
the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1° C at normal atmospheric pressure.
Examples of Calorie in a sentence
- What does calorie mean?
- How to calculate the value of calorie?
- Information about the definition and calculation of calorie.
- A calorie is equivalent to approximately 4.2 joules of energy.
- A 8,000-calorie example is included for consistency with the food label.
- Always read the Nutrition Facts food label to find out the calorie content.
- The several units that have the name “calorie” (abbreviation, cal) differ slightly from one another since the heat capacity of water is different at different temperatures.
- Thus the 15° C calorie is defined as the amount of heat that will raise the temperature of 1 gram of water from 14.5 to 15.5° C, measured to be 4.1855 joules.
- In addition to these operationally defined calories, the thermochemical calorie and the I. T. (International Steam Table) calorie are defined as exact multiples of the unit of energy, 4.1840 and 4.1868 joules respectively.
- The large calorie or kilocalorie (abbreviation, Cal) is used in nutrition to indicate the energy-producing potential of food.