Use called in a sentence. Sentence for called. How to use the word called in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word called. How to use “called” with example sentences.
Definition of Called
Cry (one word or words).
Synonyms: scream, cry, scream, scream, hail, roar, roar, scream, scream; informalholler
to call (someone) to summon them or attract their attention.
Examples of called in a sentence
*** I work for this gremlin called Spider.
*** A third culture area, called the Eastern Sudan, reaches from the Nile River to Lake Chad.
*** He was an old man called Alex.
*** Nearly all African societies have acquired patterns of deseent that are called unilineal; that is, a person belongs to a kinship group all of whose members trace their ancestry back through only one parent rather than through both.
*** The guard was a young scientist called Guy.
*** Called Aventicum by the Romans, it was the capital of the Roman province of Helvetia and became a city of about 80,000 people.
*** The circular structures are the remains of ceremonial chambers, called kivas.
*** An ancient mariner’s guide to Erythraean Seas is called the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea, “periplus” meaning literally “circumnavigation.”
*** The kuftan was sashed with a belt or girdle of cloth, and over it they wore a long cloth coat called a gibba.
*** Those who were less well off subsisted on a meal of bread dipped in a mixture called dukka, made of mashed chickpeas seasoned with salt and pepper.
***Myths are regarded as an authority on questions of supernatural belief and ritual practice and are called on to justify land ownership, social position, and political authority.
* The power elite is a small group of officers who banded together in the 1940’s and called themselves the Free Officers.
* The 1956 constitution provided for a single party, called the National Union, to replace the other parties abolished earlier.
* Eumenides, in classical mythology, avenging goddesses primarily called Erinyes or Furies.
* The rootstock may be 3 feet (90 cm) in diameter, and because of its high starch content it is sometimes called Hottentot bread.
* Writing in ancient Egypt originally employed picturelike symbols called hieroglyphs.
* Musicians and dancers were often called on to entertain at lavish banquets given by the wealthy for their friends.
* The area was once a part of a Mexican grant of nearly 50,000 acres (20,250 hectares), dated 1845 and called Rancho El Cajon.
*** The twentieth century was called the century of the common man.
* It has been called for in ensembles by such avant-garde composers as the German Karlheinz Stockhausen and the American Lukas Foss.
* He is also called Abijam and in the Douay Bible, Abia or Abiam.
* The smallest currents of practical significance are called reaction currents.
* The second conductor in a two-wire system is called the ungrounded conductor.
* Founded by Robert Gordon of Aberdeen, Scotland, the city was first called Dundee and was chartered in 1837.
* The condition in which an organism has abnormal amounts of ketone bodies is called ketosis.
*** The second “proof” of the existence of God is generally called the ontological argument.
*** Japanese pilots have been testing aircraft known as F2 on an uninhabited island in the far north of the Northern Marianas during their air combat skills in an operation called ‘Cope North’.
*** Unwanted radiation is called background radiation.