Use By in a sentence. How to use the word By in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word By. Sentence for By.
Definition of By
By can be used in a number of different ways in the English language, depending on the context in which it is used. Some common uses of the word “by” include:
- To indicate the person or thing responsible for an action: “The book was written by Uğur SAĞLAM.”
- To indicate the means or method by which something is done: “The cake was baked by her mother.”
- To indicate the time at which something will happen or has happened: “The meeting will be held by noon.”
- To indicate proximity or location: “She lives by the river.”
- To indicate the authority or permission of someone: “The rule was made by the government.”
- To indicate the subject or topic of something : “The song is about love.”
- To indicate a division of something: “The cake is divided by eight.”
- To indicate the purpose of something : “The tool is used by mechanics.”
- To indicate a relationship between two things : “The distance between A and B is measured by the ruler.”
- To indicate a way of doing something: “The task can be done by hand.”
Examples of By in a sentence
- The painting was created by the famous artist.
- The cake was baked by my grandmother.
- The concert will be held by next week.
- The store is located by the highway.
- The decision was made by the board.
- The book is about the history of the city.
- The cake is divided by eight slices.
- The tool is used by mechanics to fix cars.
- The song is written by a local band.
- The company was founded by a group of entrepreneurs.
- The project is led by the manager.
- The game was won by the home team.
- The letter was sent by my friend.
- The gift was given by my parents.
- The house is built by the river.
- The report is written by the committee.
- The recipe is passed down by my grandmother.
- The team is coached by a former player.
- The movie is directed by a well-known filmmaker.
- The letter is written by hand.
- The food is cooked by a professional chef.
- The script is written by a talented writer.
- The garden is maintained by the caretaker.
- The car is driven by my brother.
- The dress is designed by a famous designer.
- The exam is graded by the teacher.
- The company is owned by a wealthy businessman.
- The class is taught by a renowned professor.
- The flowers are grown by the farmer.
- The company’s success is driven by its innovative products.