Use Authority in a sentence. How to use the word Authority in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Authority. Sentence for Authority.
Examples of Authority in a sentence
- Arnold Dolmetsch; (1858-1940), English authority on old music and musical instruments.
- She decided to visit this dark realm, which belonged to her enemy and sister goddess, Ereshkigal, ‘the mistress of dearth’, and assert her own authority there.
- At stake was a fundamental challenge for the authority of the football bodies to administer the sport without the intervention of the civil courts.
- However, Glover never established his authority, and Cary returned to power in 1708.
- The ephors also seem to have had authority over the noncitizen inhabitants of Laconıa and Messenia, controlling them by means of their secret poliçe force, the crypteia.
- If, however, exactness and precision in all the operations of a class and of the school are introduced and enforced in the proper manner, that is, by a firm, but mild and good-humored authority, scholars will universally be pleased with them.
- If I can but interest the boys in reform, it will be far more easy to effect it than if I attempt to accomplish it by the mere exercise of my authority.
- The teacher interfered, and by the united influence of authority, management, and persuasion, succeeded in effecting a rescue.
- It will assist very much, too, in securing cheerful, good-humored obedience to the regulations of the school, if you extend their authority over yourself.
- The teacher must, indeed, in all his intercourse with his pupils, never forget his station, nor allow them to lay aside the respect, without which authority can not be maintained.
- He may be several days in gathering around him the circumstances of which he is ultimately to avail himself in bringing him to submission; but, while he proceeds thus slowly and tenderly, he must come with the air of authority and power.