Use Ascent in a sentence. How to use the word Ascent in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Ascent. Sentence for Ascent.
Examples of ascent in a sentence
- Under the ascent were vaults, which bore the weight of the garden, in moderate height one over the other.
- Alfred Hugenberg; (1865-1951), German nationalist leader, who was one of the chief architects of the Nazi ascent to power.
- As Polybius told us (p. 268), it was an ascent of twelve miles–_i.e._ four leagues–to the top of the pass.
- “The _paradisus_” so we are told in Diodorus, “was 400 feet on every side; it had an ascent like a mountain, and stories, one over the other, so that it looked like a theatre.
- The uppermost story has an ascent like a stair-case, and abutting on this are pumping-works by which the persons appointed for the office continually raise water from the Euphrates into the garden.
- They went up the ascent of land behind the town, the road winding as it went among green and beautiful glades and dells, but still always ascending until they came to Lausanne.
- At the top of this ascent you enter the great gates of the castle, crossing a broad and deep ditch by means of a draw-bridge.
- He was trying to poise himself upon the top of the railing and then to work himself up the ascent by pulling and pushing with his hands and feet against the bannisters themselves below.
- About the middle of the afternoon the coach stopped at the foot of a long winding ascent, steep and stony, and several of the passengers got out.
- Beyond the bridge there was a level piece of road for a short distance, and then a gentle ascent, with a farmhouse near the top of it, on the right hand side of the road.