How to use the word Arrest in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Arrest.
Definition of Arrest
1. the action of seizing someone to take into custody.
2. a stoppage or sudden cessation of motion.
3. seize (someone) by legal authority and take into custody.
4. stop or check (progress or a process).
Examples of Arrest in a sentence
1. I was a little surprised by the news that the police intended to arrest him.
2. In police work, false imprisonment occurs if a person is arrested for an act he could not reasonably have been thought to have committed, for an act that is not a crime, or when the arrest violated his constitutional rights.