How to use the word Approximately in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Approximately.
Definition of Approximately
used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly.
Examples of Approximately in a sentence
- That accident killed 30 people directly, as well as damaging approximately $7 billion of property.
- At the equator, the Sun provides approximately 1000 watts per square meter on Earth’s surface.
- It has a population of approximately 70,000.
- The upper angled layer of grey dolomite is approximately 500 million years old.
- Approximately 600 lymph nodes are scattered throughout the human body.
- Approximately 71% of earth is covered in water.
- There are approximately 3 billion bases in the human genome.
- Oil deposits approximately 200 million years old have been discovered in Brazil.
- Of the four species of penguins kept at the Belfast Zoo, the adult king rises above the rest to approximately one meter.
- Muscular endurance training is done in a series of approximately 10 exercises.
- The transition between the inner core and outer core is approximately 5,150 km beneath the Earth’s surface.
- A drop of water has a volume of approximately 7×10^-2 mL.
- Plasma is a hot ionized gas consisting of approximately equal numbers of positively charged ions and negatively charged electrons.
- The 1999 Izmit earthquake was an approximately 7.4 magnitude earthquake that struck northwestern Turkey on August 17.
- 1 mile is approximately equal to 1.6 kilometers.
- Light can be approximately collimated by a number of processes, for instance by using a collimator.
- One meter is approximately 1 yard, or 3.28 feet.
- When the centromere is approximately in the center of a chromosome, it is called metacentric.
- The Sun is approximately 1400 million kilometers from the planet Saturn.
- The first population, a shrubbery habitat has a maximum of approximately 150 younger plants.
- A low pressure area over Iceland shows an approximately logarithmic spiral pattern.
- The sun is approximately 230000000000 meters from Mars.
- The hydrogen atom itself has a radius of approximately 52.9 pm.
- Approximately 8% of people are left-handed.
- The surface of the Sun is approximately at 5750 K, and the temperature of the Earth’s surface is approximately 289 K.
- A DVD is approximately 12 centimeters in diameter.
- Each stem has a diameter of approximately 5 cm (2 inches) and produces approximately 12 to 25 leaves with stems of overlapping leaves, or petioles, that line the stem of the plant to form a false herbaceous (non-timber) trunk of approximately 30 at 40 cm in diameter.