Use Ancient in a sentence. How to use the word Ancient in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Ancient. Sentence for Ancient.
Examples of Ancient in a sentence
- He was an idealizer of ancient Rome, and was enamored of the socialistic state and a community of property.
- To him modern students are largely indebted for direct access to ancient Japanese poetry.
- He was the first of the three great scholars who dedicated themselves to this work of simplifying the ancient faith of the country.
- Descartes proposed the existence of relatively hard but divisible corpuscles that filled all space; Gassendi, drawing upon the ancient atomists Epicurus and Lucretius, theorized about indivisible atoms in motion in an extended void.
- Confucius is the greatness of the educator of ancient Chinese times, being the most important person in popular education.
- The ancient scriptures reinforce their claims on the earth.
- His writings range from ancient to contemporary art, and include a study of Giorgione’s paintings.
- The comparisons between the dictators of the twentieth century and the classical tyrants of Ancient Rome are seductive but deceptive.
- The almost 600 stone and rock cliff houses that the ancient Anasazi traversed on the steep canyon walls are the most compelling feature of Colorado’s Mesa Verde National Park.
- ACHELOUS, is the ancient name of one of the chief rivers in Greece.
- EPHOD, a vestment wom by priests in ancient Israel.
- In the fourteenth century, Europeans outperformed their ancient predecessors by developing theories about momentum and uniform acceleration.
- He directed the mineralogical survey of Ceylon and was among the leaders who revived the ancient Sinhalese culture.
- Formerly also called Aspropotamos, the river formed part of the boundary between ancient Acarnania and Aetolia.
- ACTA DIURNA, official written accounts of daily events in ancient Rome.
- Unsuccessful in their search, they arrive, as old men, at a strange, nameless isle inhabited by descendants of the ancient Greeks.