Use Amount in a sentence. How to use the word Amount in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Amount.
Definition of Amount
- a quantity of something, typically the total of a thing or things in number, size, value, or extent.
- come to be (the total) when added together.
Examples of Amount in a sentence
- Minimum amount due is the amount which you pay to avoid late payment fee.
- The International System of Units defines the amount of substance to be equal to the number of elementary entities present.
- The blizzard caused a large amount of snow and strong winds.
- The amount of incoming solar radiation, also called insolation determines the temperature on Earth.
- There is an optimum amount of pollution where marginal benefit equals the marginal cost of pollution
- The amount of blood your heart pumps is constantly changing to meet the needs of your body.
- If you were to heat the same amount of water and alcohol, the alcohol boils first.
- Solubility is the amount of a solute needed to form a saturated solution at a specific temperature and specific solvent amount.
- Temperature is the amount of heat contained in an object, in this case, the air.
- In economics, supply is the amount of something that firms are willing to provide in a market.
- The amount of light is not constant.
- The amount of time people spend on your site talks about the quality and the value you deliver with your content.
- Measuring something puts the amount of the thing into numbers.
- The amount of fuel used to find specific impulse can be measured in different ways.
- It is important to take the right amount of drug.
- You should pay the correct amount.
- Over the last half century, the amount of waste created per person in the United States has almost doubled.
- The strength of gravity is directly proportional to the amount of mass of each object.
- Gross profit is the amount of revenue that a company brings in before subtracting the expenses associated with that revenue.
- There is a finite amount of water on Earth.
- A variable is a special type of amount or quantity with an unknown value.
- The amount of Oxygen in the atmosphere is currently 20.95% to be precise.
- Fluids are amounts of matter composed of molecules and atoms weakly bonded together.
- When there is a small amount in the air, the smell is similar to that of freshly cut hay or grass.
- Density is a measurement that compares the amount, ratio, of matter an object has to its volume
- The amount of compression can be changed.
- Area is the amount of space a two dimensional surface takes up.
- In response to stress the amount of blood that goes to the intestines is lowered by vasoconstriction.
- Larger capacity pumps with large storage tanks will provide the largest amount of homemade shower.