Use Africa in a sentence. How to use the word Africa in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Africa.
Definition of Africa
the second largest continent, a southward projection of the Old World landmass roughly divided by the equator and the ring.
Examples of Africa in a sentence
- The history of national movements in West Africa can be traced back to the early 1920’s; in East Africa they developed somewhat later because of the presence of a substantial minority of European settlers.
- Abidjan, is the capital and the largest city of the Ivory Coast republic, in West Africa.
- The languages belonging to one of these families, the Congo-Kordofanian, are spoken by most of the people in Subsaharan Africa.
- Gold Coast, a former British possession in West Africa, on the Gulf of Guinea.
- Egypt’s capital, Cairo, is the largest city in Africa and the political and cultural center of the Arab world.
- The aardvark, native to central and Southern Africa, is a nocturnal animal that feeds on ants and termites.
- The colonial systems of Africa, whether British, French, Belgian or Portuguese, all suffered from varying degrees of paternalism and from a variety of theories as to how the colonies might best be ruled.
- The growth of political systems, dominated by a single party, with a supreme leader to whom charismatic qualities were attributed, became the hallmark of postindependence political development in Africa.
- The rate and direction of economic development is the crucial issue in all parts of Africa.
- The arguments advanced for wider unification in Africa have stemmed from both cultural and practical considerations.
- The more practical arguments for unity stem from considerations of security, economic necessity, and the defense of Africa against neocolonialist “balkanization.”
- In 1965, Africa had an estimated population of about 310 million.
- Some theories of unity cali for full political union, in which national sovereignty would be surrendered to a united states of Africa along the lines of the union established in the United States.
- They are aware of the continuing dependenee of Africa on European technical skills and financial help.
- Indeed, in the case of the French-speaking areas of Africa, France has supplied considerably more aid than any other source.
- Maps of linguistic areas of Africa can be drawn with a greater degree of precision than can racial maps.