Use Affected in a sentence. How to use the word Affected in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Affected. Sentence for Affected.
Definition of Affected
- 1. influenced or touched by an external factor.
- 2. Artificial, pretentious and designed to impress.
Examples of Affected in a sentence
- Cadmus and his brothers were much affected at their mother’s death.
- However, being affected by style after the Six Dynasties, his writings reveal a certain tendency towards formalism in the arts.
- But the quality will be affected when deposited or treated improperly.
- The results showed that the gel time of the uncured resin could be greatly affected by the environment, which is much shorter in the air than in an atmosphere.
- Conifers suffered the most damage, while oak and silver birch were also severely affected.
- Affected children inevitably attract more than their fair share of parental care, which can cause problems with unaffected siblings.
- In growing pigs, lipogenesis (fat formation) is affected when the important enzyme, Acetyl CoA carboxylase can not be formed.
- Our resorts, in the quieter bays of the Bodrum Peninsula, are little affected by recent events.
- In the mid-1400s, the Hungarian kingdom was affected by Ottoman expansion, as much of the country now known as Bosnia and Herzegovina fell to the Turks.
- The gradual decline of the latter adversely affected the congregation.
- The house adjoining the hill was not affected in the storm.
- The agreement envisaged would allow a limited resumption of commercial whaling within the 200-mile coastal zones of the affected countries.
- Estimates indicate that in the United States between 20,000 and 40,000 persons are affected.
- Then gangrene threatens the affected area.
- The point is that this traumatic event occurred and profoundly affected the people involved.
- She also managed to raise about $10 million for those who were affected by hurricane Katrina.
- But children are not reached by formal exhortations; their hearts are touched and affected in other ways.