Use Acquire in a sentence. How to use the word Acquire in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Acquire. Sentence for Acquire.
Examples of Acquire in a sentence
- As the members of each group grow to an older age, the functions of the group change, and its members acquire more power in their communities.
- The artist-craftsman was a specialist, usually having served an apprenticeship with a master in order to acquire a particular skill.
- You have lost your character with James, and I advise you to acquire a new one as soon as you can.
- In our hasty pursuit to acquire wealth and worldly pleasures, Christians have become virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the world.
- It is misleading if it simply means that students learn to acquire conventional encyclopedia-type knowledge for themselves.
- In the 1980s, the CEO was a rapacious looter, reviled for dismissing honest people just to acquire a more luxurious jet.
- If we wish our children to have the spirit of courtesy, we insist that they acquire the habit of speaking politely
- Accustomed to command, and to hold intercourse with minds which are immature and feeble compared with our own, we gradually acquire habits that the rough collisions and the friction of active life prevent from gathering around other men.
- They learn the meaning of words, not by definitions, but by their connection in the sentences in which they hear them; and, by long practice, they acquire an astonishing facility of doing this.
- Perhaps there is no way by which teachers can, in a given time, do more to acquire a knowledge of their art, and an interest in it, than by visiting each others’ schools.
- Chieftains and nobles who dwelt upon the land sent their sons to acquire greatness, and wealth, and fame by joining these piratical gangs, just as high-minded military or naval officers, in modern times, would enter into the service of an honorable government abroad.