Use Acetone in a sentence. How to use the word Acetone in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Acetone. Sentence for Acetone.
Examples of Acetone in a sentence
- It forms a white, crystalline powder, is odorless and somewhat burning in taste, and is soluble in hot water, alcohol, ether, or acetone.
- Acetone, is the simplest and most important member of the class of organic compounds called ketones.
- Acetone occurs normally in low concentrations in blood and urine as a product of the metabolism of fats.
- Acetone increases under abnormal conditions such as fasting or diabetes.
- Acetone is also synthesized commercially.
- Acetone is a powerful solvent for fats, lacquers, synthetic fibers, and plastics.
- During World War I the demand for acetone for the manufacture of explosives and airplane dopes exceeded the supply, and Chaim Weizmann of Manchester University in England developed a process for producing acetone and butanol by fermentation.
- The present major commercial process for producing acetone is the dehydrogenation of isopropyl alcohol over a brass or copper catalyst.
- Only a small amount of acetone is produced by fermentation and other methods.
- Most acetone is converted to other chemicals, notably methyl isobutyl ketone, an important plastics solvent, and methyl methacrylate, used to make transparent polymers such as lucite and plexiglass.
- The slides are first ultrasonically cleaned several times in alternating baths of trichlorethylene and acetone, and then rubbed with a mildly abrasive detergent.
- Acetone is a manufactured chemical that is also found naturally in the environment. It is a colorless liquid with a distinct smell and taste.
- Acetone, or propanone, is an organic compound with the formula (CH3)2CO.
- Other large‐scale chemicals derived from acetone are bisphenol A and methyl isobutyl ketone.
- Have you been told non-acetone is less harmful than acetone?
- Acetone is a colorless, mobile, flammable liquid readily soluble in water, ethanol, ether, etc., and itself serves as an important solvent.