Use Academies in a sentence. How to use the word Academies in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Academies. Sentence for Academies.
Definition of Academies
- 1. A private high school or preparatory school.
- 2. A school for a particular field of study.
- 3. An association of learned people working to promote the arts or sciences.
Examples of Academies in a sentence
- There was a large city here too, containing temples and academies of learning, and also the residence of the king.
- In 1892 the Samaj split between the modernists and the purists; the former modernized the curriculum of the Dayanand colleges, while the latter set up academies for Sanskritic and Ayurvedic studies, including the famous Gurukul at Hardwar.
- This periodical, as is well known, was intended to prepare the way for the publication of the Latin _Thesaurus_, which the five German Academies are now bringing out.