Use Abstinence in a sentence. How to use the word Abstinence in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abstinence. Sentence for Abstinence.
Examples of Abstinence in a sentence
- A few days of abstinence always restored his vitality and he would then start out upon another round of pleasure.
- Scholarships have a primary end in themselves by providing the path to sustained abstinence from substances and behaviors that alter mood.
- In a way, Livesey seems to have led a life of abstinence, if not asceticism.
- This, however, is very different from enforcing abstinence from all religious food.
- Faint and exhausted with sickness, abstinence, and the effects of long continued anxiety and fear, the queen had scarcely strength to go on.
- Xenophon praises the abstinence of the well-bred Persians at table; they regarded it as low and brutish to show desire for food or drink.
- This notion of forbidding an action, or abstinence from action, in a code of laws as being “base”—not as being “subject to a penalty of such a kind,” or “a fine of so much,” was quite new to me.
- He passed next to a tradition of Matthew’s about abstinence from marriage “for the sake of the kingdom of heaven.”
- These facts, and the pressure of hard times, and Paul’s example, may not only have favoured abstinence from marriage among Christians but also have favoured some tampering with tradition in order to enjoin celibacy.
- Now the lady Poppea, like many others of rank and quality at that time, was given to the observance of the Jewish law; at least so far as concerned Sabbaths and abstinence from meats and the use of certain purifications; and she had with her a certain Ishmael, who had been high priest among the Jews.