Use Abrupt in a sentence. How to use the word Abrupt in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abrupt. Sentence for Abrupt.
Definition of Abrupt
- 1. Sudden
- 2. Steep.
- 3. Sudden; hasty.
- 4. Rude or curt, as in speech; brusque.
Examples of abrupt in a sentence
- an abrupt turn.
- an abrupt cliff.
- an abrupt departure.
- Donald’s abrupt manner causes him to be misunderstood.
- That was abrupt.
- Donald has an abrupt manner but a kind heart.
- She made an abrupt departure.
- Don’t make abrupt moves.
- Donald’s abrupt manner puts a lot of people off.
- The car made an abrupt turn.
- The car came to an abrupt stop.
- The bus came to an abrupt stop.
- The elevator came to an abrupt halt.
- He was confused by the abrupt question.
- He’s abrupt in his way of speaking.
- He looked puzzled at the abrupt question posed by a reporter.
- He is abrupt, but is, in fact, a good-natured person.
- The most abrupt percentage decreases were observed with the Tennessee Walking race [22.75%] and the miniature race [16.88%].
- The football umpire and the dungeon-builder, sniffing a prospective treat, bring their operations to an abrupt close.
- He found that the numerous abrupt steps in the trail laid a heavy tax upon his strength, and that some steep places proved slippery under the burden that he bore.
- The dying scene opened upon the king’s vision in a very abrupt and sudden manner.
- In carrying the system into effect in Rollo’s case, there seemed to be something very abrupt, at least, if not positively harsh, in Mr. George’s mode of dealing with him.
- Then so quietly that it scarcely seemed abrupt, “Father,” she asked, “was my mother–beautiful?”
- With an abrupt effort at self-control Rae Malgregor jerked her head into at least the outer semblance of a person lost in almost fathomless thought.