Use Abreast in a sentence. How to use the word Abreast in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abreast. Sentence for Abreast.
Definition of Abreast
- Side by side.
Examples of abreast in a sentence
- to walk three abreast.
- abreast of events.
- We had five horses, three abreast before, and two behind.
- The gallery was not very wide, the space being only sufficient for two or three persons to walk abreast.
- Through the centre of it was a magnificent archway, wide enough for four carriages to pass abreast.
- The carriage, which was drawn by three horses abreast, went on very rapidly through these scenes–so rapidly, in fact, that Mrs. Gray had not time to look at the various groups as much as she wished.
- To be perfectly explicit, for instance, people who start off five abreast on that first rainy walk never come home five abreast!