Use Abounded in a sentence. How to use the word Abounded in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abounded. Sentence for Abounded.
Definition of Abounded
- 1. To be abundant or in plentiful supply
- 2. To teem or be filled.
- 3. To be rich.
Examples of Abounded in a sentence
- Alaska abounded in gold.
- Alfred was very fond of the Anglo-Saxon poetry which abounded in those days.
- Midway between the straits of Euboea and the bay of Corinth, which abounded with purple-fish, rose the strong fortress of the Cadmeia, and on Acrocorinthus the shrine of Ashera.
- Cyrus was accordingly very much impressed with the magnificence of the scenes to which he was introduced when he arrived in Media, and with the gayeties and luxuries, the pomp and display, and the spectacles and parades in which the Median court abounded.
- The wary mink, too, came nightly to the pond, and, if it fished in the waters, it was for the many frogs that abounded, but I found no mangled remains of the old fellows that out-croaked the myriads in the meadows.