Use Abode in a sentence. How to use the word Abode in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abode. Sentence for Abode.
Definition of Abode
- 1. To continue in a place; remain.
- 2. The place where one lives or stays; home; dwelling; residence
- 3. To last a long time
- 4. To wait for.
- 5. To put up with; endure
Examples of Abode in a sentence
- She abode in New York almost all her life.
- The white Cape Cod-style abode is the epitome of the word pristine with its crisp, stately design both inside and outside the home.
- He himself, and all his followers were thoroughly weary of their wanderings, and hoped that they were now about to land where they should find a permanent abode.
- Thus the place which Ascanius chose furnished all possible facilities both for maintaining, and also for defending the people who were to make it their abode.
- No mention is made of Ecbatana and Pasargadæ, the abode of the Median and the Persian kings, though they reigned over the whole of Iran and Hither Asia; nor even of the nations of the west, the Medes and Persians.
- Lord of the lands and nations, he looks down on the abode of the Arians; most brilliant of deities, he sees all that is between heaven and earth.
- It denotes Bactra as the abode of dominion.
- To this son an abode is then allotted in a remote region of Turan.
- In Firdusi, Lohrasp, whom Chosru has made his successor, erects a fire-temple at Balkh, his royal abode, and after reigning 120 years, abdicates in favour of Gushtasp, his elder son, in order to devote his life to pious exercises at his temple.
- The city was in old days the royal abode of the Median kings, and it appears to have far surpassed all other cities in wealth and in the splendour of its buildings.