Use Ablative in a sentence. How to use the word Ablative in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Ablative. Sentence for Ablative.
Examples of ablative in a sentence
- Ablative, a case in grammar, especially in Latin, Sanskrit, Finnish, and Hungarian.
- In English, prepositional phrases are used for ablative constructions in other languages.
- In Latin the ablative expresses various relationships that fail within three groups: the “from” ablative (suis finibus, from their territory); the “with” ablative (omnibus suis copus, with all his forces); and the “in” ablative (aestate, in summer).
- In certain constructions the ablative takes the prepositions ab, cum, de, ex, prae, pro, and sine, and sometimes in and sub.
- The ablative absolute is a noun in the ablative, together with an adjective, other noun, or participle, that has no grammatical connection with another word in the sentence, as in Servo accusato, dominus discessit (literally, The slave having been accused, the master departed).