Use Abhor in a sentence. How to use the word Abhor in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abhor. Sentence for Abhor.
Definition of Abhor
- To feel hatred or disgust for; loathe
Examples of Abhor in a sentence
- Many people who like realistic painting abhor abstract art.
- On the other hand, the Protestants abhor the sacrifice of the mass as gross superstition.
- Professional tax preparers abhor a flat tax because it would dry up their business.
- They will say: We acknowledge, O Jehovah, our iniquity, and the sin of our fathers, but do not abhor us, for thy name’s sake; do not disgrace the throne of thy glory; break not thy covenant with us.
- We give you this information, not out of any particular friendship for you, but because we do not wish to be suspected of conniving at an assassination a crime which we detest and abhor.
- I abhor these preachers and pundits who speak for God.
- On the other hand, you blame and abhor whatever of good I have been able to do at the expense of my health, for the love I have borne to my people, and for their advantage, and I have all imaginable reason to believe that you will destroy it all in case you should survive me.
- The more that Laud, and those who acted with him, attempted to magnify the rites and the powers of the Church, the more these persons began to abhor every thing of the kind.
- Each party considers the other as not only enemies, but traitors, and accordingly they hate and abhor each other with a double intensity.
- Healthcare professionals abhor politicians’ interference in the NHS.
- I abhor discrimination of any kind.
- Want to discover art related to abhor?
- Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.