Use Abbreviated in a sentence. How to use the word Abbreviated in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Abbreviated. Sentence for Abbreviated.
Definition of Abbreviated
- To reduce to a short form standing for the whole.
- To cut short or condense
Examples of Abbreviated in a sentence
- Entries on persons whose last names begin with the abbreviated form “St.” are under “St.” but alphabetized as though “St.” were spelled out.
- All geographic names beginning “Saint” or “Sainte” are entered under those headings, even though practice elsewhere may be to use the abbreviated forms “St.” and “Ste.”
- the ceremony was abbreviated by the rain.
- He abbreviated his first name to Donald.
- When appropriate, abbreviated forms are used.
- If delete, do not weigh, access abbreviated to this article.
- Michel Foucault, The archeology of knowledge; hereinafter, this text will be abbreviated as AK.
- The orders were passed to the commander on the front in an abbreviated form.
- Fourth-generation language A user-oriented program-ming language that is closer to human language (abbreviated 4GL) than high-level languages are.