Use Abatement in a sentence. How to use the word Abatement in a sentence? How is “Abatement” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Abatement”? Sentence for Abatement.
Definition of Abatement
Abatement is a term used to describe the reduction, lessening or subsiding of something, often in a legal or environmental context. It can refer to a decrease or reduction in the intensity or severity of something, such as a noise abatement program to reduce the amount of noise from a factory or a tax abatement to reduce the amount of taxes owed. It can also refer to the temporary cessation or ending of something, such as a legal abatement of a nuisance, which is the process of reducing or eliminating a problem that affects a community. In construction, abatement may refer to the removal or containment of hazardous materials such as asbestos.
How is “Abatement” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Abatement”?
“Abatement” is generally used in English to refer to the reduction, lessening or ending of something. The term is often used in a legal or environmental context, but it can be applied to many situations. Here are some general rules for using “abatement” in English:
- Use “abatement” when you want to describe a decrease or reduction in the intensity or severity of something.
- Use “abatement” when you want to describe the temporary cessation or ending of something.
- Use “abatement” when you want to describe a legal process of reducing or eliminating a problem that affects a community.
- Use “abatement” when you want to describe the removal or containment of hazardous materials in construction.
- “Abatement” is often used in formal writing and legal documents, but it can be used in everyday conversation as well.
Some example sentences using “abatement” are:
- The city council passed a noise abatement ordinance to reduce the amount of loud music in residential areas.
- The company received a tax abatement for creating new jobs in the community.
- The asbestos abatement project required the removal of all hazardous materials from the building.
- The court issued a legal abatement of the nuisance caused by the construction site.
- The environmental group advocated for the abatement of pollution in the local waterways.
In general, “abatement” is a useful term to describe any situation where something is reduced, lessened, or ended.
Examples of Abatement in a sentence
- The abatement of pollution in the river is a top priority for the environmental agency.
- The landlord promised to take immediate steps for the abatement of the mold problem in the apartment.
- The city council approved a tax abatement for businesses that invest in green technologies.
- The construction company is responsible for asbestos abatement in the building before demolition.
- The health department ordered the abatement of the rodent infestation in the restaurant.
- The factory installed noise abatement measures to comply with local regulations.
- The court granted an abatement of the fines for the company that complied with environmental regulations.
- The wildfire was brought under control after days of intense abatement efforts.
- The homeowner received a property tax abatement for installing solar panels.
- The city implemented a code enforcement program to ensure the abatement of blight in neighborhoods.
- The construction crew followed strict safety procedures during the lead abatement process.
- The abatement of rent is a possible option when a tenant files a complaint against their landlord.
- The historic building underwent extensive abatement and restoration work before reopening as a museum.
- The state granted a temporary abatement of property taxes for homes damaged by the recent natural disaster.
- The abatement of odors from the landfill was a major concern for nearby residents.
- The car manufacturer installed abatement equipment to reduce emissions from its factories.
- The abatement of noise from the busy road was achieved through the construction of a sound barrier.
- The city council launched a graffiti abatement program to clean up public areas.
- The construction company hired a team of experts to handle the hazardous material abatement in the building.
- The court granted an abatement of the legal fees for the defendant due to their financial situation.
- The school district approved an abatement of the property taxes for senior citizens on a fixed income.
- The abatement of drug trafficking in the area was a priority for law enforcement agencies.
- The company implemented a smoke abatement program to reduce the environmental impact of their production.
- The homeowner received an abatement of the property taxes for their energy-efficient home.
- The abatement of lead-based paint was a major concern during the renovation of the old building.
- The city council provided a property tax abatement for developers who build affordable housing units.
- The state granted an abatement of the fines for businesses affected by the recent economic downturn.
- The company implemented a fire abatement plan to prevent future accidents in the workplace.
- The community launched a mosquito abatement program to control the spread of diseases.
- The court granted an abatement of the lawsuit due to lack of evidence.