Use Aardwolf in a sentence. How to use the word Aardwolf in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Aardwolf.
Definition of Aardwolf
A hyenalike mammal of the African plains that feeds on insects and small animals.
Examples of Aardwolf in a sentence
- Those who have a medium-sized dinosaur body are instead the muscles that aardwolf.
- And the opposite face is to put and compete, from the native people build “aardwolf” people can always find the way.
- The aardwolf lives on dry and open plains and thickets, avoiding mountainous areas.
- The aardwolf is the only surviving species of the subfamily Protelinae.
- The aardwolf hides in a burrow during the day and goes out at night to look for food.
- The aardwolf lives in the bushes of eastern and southern Africa.
- However, in some areas, the aardwolf is wanted for its fur.
- A aardwolf can eat 300,000 Trinervitermes in a single exit.
- The aardwolf looks something like a very small striped hyena.
- In contrast, intact genes of sweet receptors were found in aardwolf, Canadian otter, spectacled bear, raccoon and red wolf.
- Many mirmecófagos mammals, like the aard wolf, the anteaters and the pangolin, do not have teeth or, in cases like the aardwolf, they have great diastemas between their scanty teeth.
- On the contrary, the normal sweet receptors were found in the carnivorous aardwolf, the Canadian otter, the spectacled bear, the raccoon and the red wolf.
- The aardwolf is mainly an insectivore, specialized in feeding on termites of the genus Trinervitermes and Hodotermes, which consumes licking it with its long and wide tongue.
- The aardwolf Proteles cristatus has developed a number of anatomical and morphological adaptations for feeding on its termite prey.
- The aardwolf (Proteles cristata) is a unique, insectivorous species of the family Hyaenidae.
- Within the sub-region savannah plains of Eastern and Southern Africa lies the aardwolf, a part of the 4 species hyaena clade