The spookiest time of year is fast approaching – Halloween is coming soon.
The best way to get in the Halloween spirit is with these quotes, ranging from sweet to scariest. In honor of the upcoming holidays, take a look at our favorite Halloween words.
- “It’s all a bunch of hocus pocus!”
– Max, Hocus Pocus
- “I am so happy to live in a world where there is October.”
– L.M. Montgomery
- “I love Halloween and I love that feeling – the cold air, the eerie dangers lurking around the corner.”
– Evan Peters
- “Clothes make a statement. The costumes tell a story. ”
– Mason Cooley
- “There is nothing on Earth as beautiful as the final ride on Halloween night.”
– Steve Almond
- “Magic is really very simple, all you have to do is want something and then allow yourself to have it.”
– Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
- “It’s Halloween; everyone is entitled to a good scare.”
– Brackett, Halloween
- “When the black cats prowl and the pumpkins gleam, may the luck be yours on Halloween.”
- “If human beings had genuine courage, they would wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.”
– Douglas Coupland
- “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?”
– Linus, it’s the big pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “There is a kid in each of us who is still a trick or treat looking for a well lit front porch.”
– Robert Brault
- “The shadows murmur, the mist answers; the darkness purrs like midnight sighs. ”
– Rusty Fischer
- “On Halloween you can become anything you want to be.”
– Ava Dellaira
- “Halloween is not just about putting on a costume, but about finding the imagination and the costume within ourselves.”
– Elvis Duran
- “Hell is empty and all the demons are here.”
– William Shakespeare
- “When the witches go to ride and see black cats, the moon laughs and whispers: it is close to Halloween.”
- “Double Double Duty and Trouble; Fire Burns and Cauldron Bubbles”.
- “Some people are born for Halloween, and others just count the days until Christmas.”
– Stephen Graham Jones
- “There is magic at night when the pumpkins glow in the moonlight.”
- The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, the candy corn. It’s amazing to me. Sweet corn is the only candy in American history that has never been advertised. And there is a reason. All the sweet corn ever made was made in 1911. And since no one eats these things, every year there is a ton left over.
- “A person should always choose a costume that is in direct contrast to his own personality.”
– Lucy Van Pelt, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Halloween is not funny at all. This sarcastic party reflects, rather, a hellish demand for revenge by children on the adult world.
- All Hallows’ Eve is said to be one of the nights when the veil between worlds is thin, and whether you believe in those things or not, those wandering spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that he used to be his. Even the air feels different on Halloween, fall, fresh and bright.
- Halloween is not just about putting on a costume, but about finding the imagination and the costume within ourselves.
- If ever there was a holiday that deserved to be commercialized, it is Halloween. We haven’t taken it from the children. We have expanded it so that adult children can enjoy it too.
- If humans had genuine courage, they would wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.
- But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.
- Halloween is an opportunity to get really creative.
- Some people are born for Halloween and others only count the days until Christmas.
Stephen Graham Jones
- Many cultures believe that on any given day, Halloween, the eve of Irish Samhain, Mexico’s ‘Day of the Dead’, the veil between this world and the next is especially thin.
- Halloween is bigger than Christmas in America. I’ve experienced it in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C., and if you’re in the right neighborhood, every home is decorated with spooky ghosts, spider webs, and pumpkin lanterns.
- At the end of the first Halloween, when I fired 6 bullets at Michael Myers, John Carpenter said: We are going to take a picture of you looking out the window and not seeing anyone lying there.
- Acting is like a Halloween mask that you wear.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. It’s like my Christmas.
- I love that by celebrating Halloween, we can get lost in the magic of fantasy and fantasy no matter how old we are!
- Charlie Brown is the only person I identify with. C.B. he is a loser. She wasn’t even the star of her own Halloween special.
- Halloween has woken up and there is nothing we can do about it.
- I live in New Orleans part of the year and it’s a really fun city to eat. I bought two houses there, one to live in and the other as an investment. They love to eat, drink and dress up. There are so many reasons to dress up: Mardi Gras, Halloween, Southern Decadence.
- We used to go around dumping latrines or dumping corn shocks on Halloween. Anything to be bad.
- I did a race with Halloween.
- On Halloween, because we don’t celebrate it, my dad would take me somewhere, to any different place. Like Little Italy in New York to walk around and teach me all about food and culture.
- This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouthful of candy, you’ll sound like him.
- A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.