When it comes to finding a last minute meal at Christmas, you’re usually stuck in asking for Chinese food. But fortunately, this year, some stores will remain open.
Whether you’re looking for a place to eat on Christmas day, some forgotten ingredients or even a last-minute gift, happynewyear.top has created a guide that looks at the restaurants, shops and supermarkets that will open on Christmas Day. However, as you might expect, it’s a pretty thin list, with only about 100 restaurants and stores scheduled to stay open during the holidays.
To see some of the renowned places that will open, see our list below. However, to be sure, it is always better to call ahead.
Restaurants open Christmas Day
- Applebee’s-Most locations are closed. But if you are New York City, the Applebee’s in Times Square will be open during your regular Christmas day hours. Many places throughout the country will open until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, however.
- Buca di Beppo: most of the locations of this medium-scale Italian restaurant will be open from 8 a.m. at 10 p.m. Christmas Day. It will also be open during the same hours on Christmas Eve.
- Denny’s: as usual, this chain will be open 24 hours a day, it’s good news if you’re looking for a nightly dinner at Christmas.
- IHOP: almost all (99%) of the locations are franchised and determine their own schedules, so it’s best to call in advance.
- Papa John’s-This chain of pizzas will be open from noon until 11 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Starbucks: If Santa needs a pick-up service, he is likely to head here: most places and will also be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve, but it will also be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Steak’n Shake-Locations reopens at 11 a.m. of Christmas day.
- TGIFriday’s Most locations open at 3 p.m. at 11:30 p.m., and are open from 10 a.m. at 11:30 p.m. On Christmas’ Eve.
- Waffle House: this institution keeps its doors open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which guarantees that you can get hash browns, waffles or eggs whenever you want.
- Albertsons-Most stores open from 9 to 4 p.m.
- CVS-Open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Rite Aid: open regular hours, but it is best to call your local store to verify.
- Walgreen’s: some locations retain normal hours (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), but stores that are not open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are open from 8 a.m. at 10 p.m.
- 7-Eleven-The convenient store is open on Christmas day. (Regular hours)
- Family Dollar: if all else fails, you will surely find a quick and inexpensive gift here.