Are you looking for ideas to write an SMS or a greeting card for Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day, originally called International Working Women’s Day, commemorates the struggle of women for their participation in society, for the emancipation of women and their full development as a person. Commemorated on March 8 and is a national holiday in some countries, it was institutionalized by the United Nations in 1975 as International Women’s Day.
At the II International Conference of Socialist Women held in Copenhagen in 1910 Clara Zetkin proposed and approved the celebration of “Working Women’s Day“, which began to be celebrated the following year. The first commemoration was held on March 19, 1911 in Europe, more specifically in Germany, Austria, Denmark and Switzerland; since then it has spread to other countries and continents.
In 1972, the United Nations General Assembly declared 1975 the International Year of Women and in 1977 invited States to declare, in accordance with their historical traditions and national customs, a day as International Day for the Rights of Women and International Peace.
2021: International Women’s Day. Women leaders: For an equal future in the world of Covid-19
Theme of International Women’s Day 2021: “Women leaders: For an equal future in the world of Covid-19”
UN Women announces the theme for International Women’s Day, March 8, 2021, which will be “Women leaders: For an equal future in the world of Covid-19”.
The theme celebrates the tremendous efforts made by women and girls around the world to forge a more equal future and recover from the Covid-19 pandemic. Likewise, it is in line with the priority theme of the 65th session of the Commission on the Juridical and Social Status of Women, “The participation of women and decision-making by them fully and effectively in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls ”, and with the emblematic Generation Equality campaign, which demands the right of women to make decisions in all spheres of life, equal pay, equitable distribution of unpaid care and domestic work, an end to all forms of violence against women and girls and health care services that respond to their needs .Advertisement
Women are on the front lines of the Covid-19 crisis as healthcare workers, caregivers, innovators, and community organizers. They are also among the most exemplary and effective national leaders in the fight against the pandemic. The crisis has highlighted both the critical importance of women’s contributions and the disproportionate burdens they bear.
International Women’s Day 2021 Messages and Wishes
- Happy Women’s Day: to you woman, mother, wife, sister, girlfriend, friend. To you women, irreplaceable source of life, support, hope and warmth for men and civilizations.
- March 8 reminds us how important women are every day of our lives.
- Congratulations to all the women who support the world, because without you the world would not exist.
- Today I wanted to give you the most beautiful flower, but I couldn’t, because the most beautiful flower is you. Congratulations!
- They say that March 8 is Women’s Day. Beauty, charm, and of course your courage, make you the woman of the year.
- I have the most beautiful woman in the world: her name is you. My best wishes to you, woman of my heart and soul.
- When you smile you are a wonderful girl and I feel lost. These flowers mean that I am in love with you 365 days a year.
- The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, the true beauty of a woman is reflected in her soul. Best wishes for March 8.
- You women are like conquering the moon: every little step you take means a giant leap for humanity.
- For Grandma, the most important woman in my life. Without you I would never have become what I am. Best wishes on this special day. Stay with me for ever!
- I would like to be a tear to be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks and die on your lips. Happy March 8!
- My little sister is turning into a woman. So today I will give her a rose, as the transition from girl to woman is sweet and fragrant like a beautiful flower.
- An angel escaped from God, with his white wings it landed on my life. Since then, my heart, my soul, my life, is an infinity of joys. An angel escaped God and today she is my wife.