Easy enchilada recipe helps you make the best meal for your family; it is very cheap since all the requirements are affordable to everyone.
Mexican food has become very popular across the world and people have grown to like it. Due to this fact many chefs are learning how to make it. This easy enchilada recipe will help you know how to make a dinner that your family can enjoy and know that they have a mother in the house. So how do we make this known enchilada and what is it?
The word enchilada means dipped in chili. Enchiladas are made of corn tortilla which are wrapped around fillings then topped up with chili sauce. Enchiladas are traditionally and are made of different varieties such as beef, fish, chicken or beans depending on what you as a cook you choose. Now let’s get the aprons and go to the kitchen with our easy enchilada recipe and make a surprise for the whole family and friends which will take only 30 minutes.
First you have to get the required ingredients and here is the list;
- 12 corn tortillas (or more depending on the number of people who will eat)
- 500grams of meat (chicken, beef, pork etc)
- Feta cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped onions
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Cooking oil (vegetable oil is highly recommended for this)
- Get the Stove ready
- Get a medium or large size skillet or pan
- Paper towel
- Oven mitts
How to cook
- Put enough cooking oil in a pan and set it on a stove.
- Lit the stove and ensure medium heat.
- Wait for the oil to get hot for 3 minutes and then start by placing two to corn tortillas.
- Make them stay on the pan for 45 seconds and ensure both sides are well cooked and soft. (if they stay less than 45 seconds or more they will become crispy)
- Remove them and put them on a tray lined with paper towel to remove the oil residue
- Repeat the same procedure so as to get the maximum amount of corn tortillas that you want.
- Wait for the Tortillas to cool down.
- Prepare the vegetables you would like to add
- Put the soft corn tortillas in a large dish and add vegetables and meat on the centre.
- Roll them up slowly
- Fold them in half
- Pour some cheese over them or sour cream.
- Place them in an oven for 6 to 8 minutes at 300-375 degrees.
- Remove the dish from the oven while wearing the oven mitts to avoid being burned.
- Get the plates the spoons, forks and serve your family.
You can cook it during a party or any time you want to have a different kind of a meal for your family. As you have seen, it takes less than an hour and learning how to cook it is easy too. You can get more different types of easy enchilada recipes online so as to know how to make them in different ways.