How to cook the Barbeque Meatballs? Barbeque Meatballs recipe and cooking tips. Meatball recipes.
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of loose brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- A bag of 25 units of multi-purpose meatballs (still frozen is fine), follow the recipe
- Mashed potatoes, to serve
- Fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Green salad, to serve
- 5 pounds of minced meat
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons granulated mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, hot sauce and Worcestershire and let it boil. Add the multi-purpose meatballs and simmer. Cover and cook until the meatballs are hot, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon over mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a green salad.
To make the meatballs, combine the minced meat, bread crumbs, milk, cream, parsley, mustard, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and eggs in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands. Take out 1-tablespoon portions and roll them into balls with your hands. Place the meatballs in parchment-lined baking sheets and place the baking sheets in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes for the meatballs to settle.
To brown the meatballs, heat the olive oil in a large pot or in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs in batches, making sure not to saturate the pot. Cook, turning the meatballs to make sure they brown completely, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
Instructions for the freezer: place the cooked meatballs in a single layer on the baking sheets and place them in the freezer. When frozen, divide them into freezer bags, 25 per bag, and return them to the freezer. Yield: 125 meatballs.