Animals that start with N. Are you looking for animals that start with n? Names and short description of animals beginning with the letter N.
Here are some animal names and short descriptions starting with the letter “N”:
A medium-sized whale species with a long, spiraled tusk on its head
2. New World Quail
A group of small ground-dwelling birds found in North and South America
A small migratory bird known for its beautiful and melodious song
A small, insect-eating mammal native to Australia, also known as the Banded Anteater
A sea creature belonging to a group of cephalopods known for their distinctive, spiraled shells
6. Nile Crocodile
A large and aggressive species of crocodile found in Africa, known to be a apex predator in its habitat.
7. North American Bison
A large, shaggy-haired mammal also known as the American buffalo, once abundant across North America but now a symbol of conservation efforts.
8. Northern Elephant Seal
A large species of seal found along the Pacific coast of North America, known for their impressive size and ability to hold their breath for long periods of time.
A large, semi-aquatic rodent native to South America, but now found in many other parts of the world as an introduced species.
10. Nile Monitor
A large species of lizard found in Africa, known for their strong jaws and quick movements.
11. North American Porcupine
A large, slow-moving rodent with sharp quills for protection, native to North America.
12. Northern Fur Seal
A large species of seal found in the northern Pacific and northern Atlantic oceans, known for their thick fur coats.
A type of electric ray found in the ocean, known for their ability to produce electric shocks.
14. North American Moose
A large species of deer found in northern North America, known for their impressive size and antlers.
– a small, insect-eating mammal native to Australia, also known as the Banded Anteater.
– a large, flightless bird native to South America, also known as the Rhea.
17. New Caledonian Crow
– a species of crow found in the South Pacific island of New Caledonia, known for their intelligence and ability to use tools.
18. Nicobar Pigeon
– a large, brightly colored species of pigeon found in the Nicobar Islands in the Indian Ocean.
19. Nile Tilapia
– a species of fish found in the Nile River in Africa, and widely farmed in aquaculture operations.
20. North American River Otter
– a playful and aquatic mammal found in North America, known for their swimming skills and use of tools.
21. Noble Slug
– a species of sea slug found in the ocean, known for their bright colors and intricate patterns.
22. Numbat Moth
– a species of moth found in Australia, known for their distinctive markings and nocturnal habits.
23. Northern Pygmy Owl
– a small species of owl found in the coniferous forests of North America, known for their tiny size and distinctive calls.
24. North Atlantic Right Whale
– a species of whale found in the North Atlantic Ocean, known for their slow movements and critically endangered status.
25. Nene Goose
– a species of goose found in Hawaii, also known as the Hawaiian Goose, and is the state bird of Hawaii.
26. Nine-Banded Armadillo
– a species of armadillo found in the Americas, known for their distinctive armor-like plates.
27. Nile Monitor Lizard
– a species of lizard found in Africa, known for their large size and aggressive behavior.
28. Northern Leopard Frog
– a species of frog found in North America, known for their distinctive spotted markings.
29. Night Monkey
– a species of monkey found in Central and South America, known for their nocturnal habits and large eyes.